The TTU Appathon is platform agnostic, but teams are asked to demonstrate their app at the conclusion of the competition on Saturday. Judging is broadly based on the following criteria:*
- Does the app work?
- Does it provide a useful function? How useful?
- Does it incorporate advanced features (such as GPS, maps, crowd sourcing, centralized data storage, social media)
- Is the app simple enough to use for a wide range of people?
- Is this the kind of app that has a future?
- Does it lend itself to or be adaptable to other uses?
Graphics / Animation:
- Look and feel (clean layout, advanced graphics)
- Does it visually represent the topic?
- Graphics originality and relevance
*Judges meet to set specific judging algorithms based on the precise topic prior to the start of the event.